Saturday, September 13, 2008

Someone I knew, Scott, died last Saturday...

Someone I knew, Scott, died last Saturday and his funeral was today.
Even though I have known Scott for less than two years, I can tell you that Scott was the sweetest guy. He was gentle and very kind. He lived about a half mile from where I live, although I didn't know that. That is because Scott was also very quite. A number of years ago, Scott had been very badly gay-bashed and was left with a closed-head injury. Something he probably dealt with everyday of his life. The men who beat him up several years ago have no idea the pain they would put him through for years to come and the rest of his life.

Scott was only 44 years old when he was struck by a car on his way to probably buy cigarettes across the street from where he lived. He will be sadly missed by many including myself.

Also in sad news, Kevin McAlpine sent out an email today that he is leaving The Triangle Foundation this month. First Stephanie and then Jeff and Sean, and now Kevin. And I am not even sure when Crystal left? Was it something I said? Triangle is changing faster than I can keep up with. Best wishes to Kevin and also to the new Triangle staff. The only person I know there now is Kate.

I am working on the candle fundraiser page today and hope to get that completed by next week at this time. This fundraiser will last till the end of this year. I'll let you know when it is completed.

I have an interview this Thursday with Shey Howell and I look forward to that.
I am meeting with another person this Tuesday about another possible interview.
I'll write more soon,
Brian

No comments: