Monday, October 13, 2008

Vote No! on Prop 8


I heard from my one and only former boyfriend over the weekend, that he and I were featured in the current issue of Frontier's magazine once again. The photo near the end of the magazine entitled Love Story on page 138 had been originally published in Frontier's magazine in 1993 and later in a book about Gay weddings. The photo was taken of us after we were married in front of the IRS building in Washington D.C. during a mass wedding held by Rev. Troy Perry, the evening before the March on Washington in April of 1993.

Even though Lee and I are no longer together as a couple, we are still a part of each other's lives for better or worse. Just as straight couples, I believe that I should have the right to marry whom ever I choose just as my parents, two older brothers and my younger sister have done and as I did with my former wife before I came out of the closet.

How do you cue that Barbara song on here now?........"Mem'ries light the corners of my mind. Misty water color mem'ries of the way we were. Scattered pictures of the smiles we.....

Vote No! on Prop 8 in California!

http://noonprop8.com/

No comments: